Sheffield Daily Telegraph – Wednesday 07 November 1917
Darfield Boy Electrocuted
George Henry Fisher (15), screenhand, of 10, Snape Hill Road, Darfield. met with a tragic death by electrocution, yesterday.
In company with a friend named Harry Steer, he went for a drink in the Houghton Main Colliery yard. He climbed on the bank side and caught hold of a stay wire supporting a cable fastened to the bank.
Steer heard him call, and saw him doubled up.
Joseph Henry Townend, electrician, tried artificial respiration without effect.